By David Ponce
While it’ll probably not help you sound anything like Jimmy Page, the Lightsnake USB, from Soundtech, will at least make it easier to get your musical ramblings on to your computer. It is
an intelligent instrument-to-PC cable with embedded analog to digital converter and signal booster. The LightSnake USB?s unique design enables anyone to plug their guitar, bass, keyboard or other electronic instrument directly into a PC eliminating the hassle, clutter and learning curve associated with high-quality digital recording.
You should know this little product won “Best in Show” honors at the 2006 NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants).
It’s $70, and available from a variety of retailers, including Target.
Fulls specs, after the jump.
– Digital quality sound input without the need for a sound card
– Embedded A/D chip technology with audio signal boost eliminates the need for
additional signal conversion devices
– Patented ?Live when Lit? technology cable ends light up indicating when
sound is being transmitted
– 10 foot heavy-duty shielded cable
– Includes ?? to Mini Adaptor and ?? Male to Dual ?? Female Splitter
– Simple USB plug-and-play connectivity
– Compliant with USB 2.0 Full Speed Operation
– Compliant with USB Audio Device Class Specification v1.0
– Compatible with Win98 SE / Win ME / Win 2000 / Win XP and Mac OS9 / OS X
without additional driver
– Driver software included for older non-plug-and-play compliant computers