It’s not just because you can do something that you should actually do it. Or at least, we fail to see why adding connectivity to your freaking socks is of any importance at all. That hasn’t stopped a company called Blacksocks from creating the Calf Socks Classic with Plus+. Yeah… Smart Socks.
Imagine your phone could communicate with your socks. Your phone would know:
– which socks belong together,and could help sort them out,
– how often you have washed your socks,
– when your socks were produced,
– when you ordered your socks and
– when your socks were dispatched.
– Your iPhone can also tell you if your black socks are no longer properly black and help you buy new socks.
This is something we dreamed about and we have made the dream come true. The result is Smarter Socks – probably the smartest socks in the world. They are undoubtedly the first socks which leave their mark on the internet via the Sock Sorter and your iPhone.
We can just imagine the company meeting where these socks were born, and how many ideas were thrown about until something stuck. We admire the company’s enthusiasm and hopefulness, but given the $189 price tag (for socks!!), we’re not sure the market will respond as enthusiastically.