Well, we’re as excited as the next guy to see Star Wars merchandise flooding the Internet, but it is sort of getting to the point where you wonder what item will not be turned into Artoo or Threepio. But hey, this little Star Wars R2-D2 Bluetooth Speakerphone is sort of cute, and decently priced.
Plug this Star Wars R2-D2 Bluetooth Speakerphone into a USB port, and it’ll charge up. When it’s charged, either pair the speaker with your Bluetooth-enabled phone or plug your audio device into Artoo’s standard 3.5mm audio jack. Artoo will light up, literally, including the familiar indicator light and some new funky blue “underdome” lighting he’s had installed. Since he’s Bluetooth, you can even make calls on him when you have your phone paired up. But his raison d’etre is to play music for you. The first song we played through our Star Wars R2-D2 Bluetooth Speakerphone was the Cantina Song. It was also the second. And the third. And the… okay, we’ve got it on loop.
Star Wars R2-D2 Bluetooth Speakerphone
– Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
– A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
– Pairs with Bluetooth®-enabled devices
– On/off button on the front conserves battery
– Plays movie sound clips when the device is switched on, when pairing is completed, and when turned off
– Speaker allows for hands-free calls or playing music
– Wireless Range: 32 ft.
– Batteries: Internal rechargeable battery
– Recharges via micro-USB cable (included)
– Dimensions: 4″ diameter
It’s a fun and useful little tribute to the world’s most beloved franchise, and it’s only $50 at Thinkgeek.