By Andrew Liszewski
*Update: Thanks to everyone who entered. Once we’ve determined who the winner is, and successfully contacted them, we’ll announce it in the very near future.
Bundling up in layers of sweaters, coats, gloves, mitts and scarves is only so effective when it comes to battling the frigid temperatures that have descended upon many parts of the country. The best way to deal with the cold is to simply not deal with it by staying inside and waiting for Spring’s arrival. But then you run the risk of going stir-crazy, unless you have something to occupy your mind… like a new toy! So we’re teaming up with AT&T to provide one of our lucky readers with a brand new HTC Inspire 4G. If all this isn’t enough to distract you until warmer temperatures arrive, then I’m afraid nothing will:
- Enjoy the speed of the robust 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, and store the documents, pictures, music, and video you need using the 4GB internal memory and included 8GB microSD card.
- The 4.3″ super LCD capacitive touchscreen has a resolution of 480×800 for beautifully sharp images.
- Running on Android 2.2, the Inspire 4G can be customized with thousands of applications from Android Market.
- You can capture important moments with the powerful 8 MP camera equipped with autofocus, dual LED flash, and HD video recording.
- The HTC Hi-Fi Experience enriches your multimedia with dual mics for noise cancellation, Dolby®, and SRS® WOW HD surround-sound effects.
- HTC Sense 2.0 provides a custom user interface for enhanced social networking, navigation, and integration with connected services from HTCsense.com.
- The Inspire 4G includes Mobile Hotspot** support when used with a DataPro with Tethering plan, allowing you to share your connection with up to five devices.
But what’s inspired AT&T to be so generous to one of our lucky readers? Well that’s a good question. As you’re probably already aware, a certain Cupertino-designed phone has recently become available from another carrier in the United States. And while there are some advantages to using the iPhone on Verizon’s CDMA network, the siren’s call isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
If you’ve been using an iPhone on AT&T for a number of years now you’ve probably grown accustomed to talking to people while surfing the web at the same time. Well unfortunately that luxury is only available on AT&T’s network with the iPhone, and if you think that’s something you can’t live without, AT&T would like you to head on over to their Talk and Surf Challenge on their Facebook page and let your voice be heard. So not only are we giving you the chance to win an HTC Inspire 4G, but there’s also the chance of you garnering a little web publicity from AT&T’s million+ Facebook fans.
You’ll find the contest specifics after the jump, including how to enter, but those of you who’ve participated in our giveaways before should already be familiar with what it entails.
How to enter: We’re keeping it simple this time again. To enter all you need to do is leave a comment on this article. And to better your chances you’re welcome to come back and leave a new comment every day until the contest is over. Just be aware that if you leave multiple comments in the same day, all but one will be deleted before the winner is declared. As to what you want to say, well we’ll leave that part up to you. Tell us what you’d do with a new HTC Inspire 4G, tell us what you had for lunch, just keep it interesting.
What am I winning again?: A brand spanking new HTC Inspire 4G from AT&T. Now it doesn’t come with service, so if you’re not already an AT&T subscriber you will have to sign up for the requisite contracts and data plans associated with the Inspire 4G, minus the cost of the smartphone itself of course.
Timeframe: The contest starts today, February 11, 2011, and will end a week from now at midnight on February 18, 2011. (So next Friday night.) And if you’re not sure when that is specifically given the time zones across the country, just make sure to get your comments in well before the deadline. Don’t worry about getting them in at the last minute, I promise it will not help your chances. At midnight the comments will be closed and the winner will be chosen via Random.org.
Eligibility: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, while we love all of our readers around the world equally, because this contest is being sponsored by AT&T I’m afraid we’re going to have to limit it to only residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.