Joox.net – Get It While You Can

Joox.net (Image courtesy Joox.net)

Joox.net is clearly meant to compete with the new Joost streaming video service but they seem to have one slight advantage at the moment. While Joost has gone out and legally secured their content Joox.net doesn’t seem too worried about the law and has amassed a pretty impressive collection of movies and TV shows available as streaming Divx files.

The site does use the Divx web player (as opposed to Flash) which means you’ll have to install it if you haven’t already. And unfortunately it also means Joox.net doesn’t work with the Nintendo Wii’s browser either. The videos aren’t exactly DVD quality but compared to other streaming sites like YouTube it’s like watching a 4K digital print. The list of available films contains plenty of B-movie titles but there are also quite a few flicks definitely worth watching. (Blade Runner for example.) And if there’s any doubt regarding the legality of Joox.net you can also watch the second half of Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World’s End if you missed it in theaters this past weekend. For those who prefer TV the site also has a pretty up-to-date collection of popular shows if you missed them the first time around.

A quick WHOIS search of the domain reveals that Joox.net is based out of Sweden which could mean the site will keep operating for at least a bit longer before it inevitably gets shut down.

[ Joox.net ] VIA [ Uneasy Silence ]

74 responses to “Joox.net – Get It While You Can”

1. Anonymous says:

This is pretty sweet

2. Looks good and maybe it’s an alternative service for joost… we will see. Regards, http://www.miood.pl

3. Oleg says:

All Joox.net does is gather links to content from the official Divx.com Stage6 service.
    So in fact the content is stored on divx.com servers.
    Have more fun at: stage6.divx.com

4. mcman says:

I prefer videohybrid.com

5. hasan says:

my bad, i accidentally deleted POTC part 1. 🙂

6. xPosed says:

its funny when these things happen. and when people like you have a good time with it 😀 Cheers!

7. wolf says:

I am on the beta for joost – and just tried this out- this thing performs waaaaaaay better than joost- and only requires the streaming divx plugin- not a whole big bloated crashy piece of SW- my vote goes with joox

8. Anonymous says:

well i think it’s gone folks

9. Anonymous says:

god I hope Joox comes back. I travel 30 weeks a year, and after finding joox it made my hotel stays far less irritating.

10. cal says:

the quality is a lot better than youtube

11. Anonymous says:

What most people don’t understand is while that Joox has a great set up, the videos they were showing were all on the DivX servers. So Joox was actually stealing DivX’s bandwidth. Admitted the site was useful as looking through Stage6 you can’t always find what you want, but they were still swiping the bandwidth.

12. Anonymous says:

Bzzzt. Wrong again.

If you get off your butt and search stage6 you can find everything they listed.

J00x provided a far better search interface is all:) Pure and simple.

NO bandwidth “stolen” whatsoever.

13. Anonymous says:

Let me rephrase since I do know what I’m talking about. They are stealing server and AD space and only providing a playback from their site. Thus tying up Divx servers from their site that has paid sponsors that didn’t have anything to do with the original video. So clearly Joox is profiting off of someone else’s sight, someone elses servers and someone elses streaming playback from said servers and no bandwidth is stolen? I must research this. Somone has evidently discovered perpetual motion and I haven’t heard about it.

14. Anonymous says:

i miss joooooxx..kum bak..it wnt wrkk

15. Anonymous says:

does anyone know where joox has gone or moved too????? surely it will be up as new site?? yes???

16. Justme says:

JOOX is gone. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I can’t get joost because it says someone must invite me. I am traveling the forums to get someone to invite me but it’s not working. I can’t find the free streaming video anymore.

17. L1 says:

yes, looks like its gone for now. any1 has some news bout it? i bet RIIA has somethin to do with it…

18. Dave says:

There not stealing bandwith because divx gives the option to embed there videos on your site, just like youtube. You cant steal what has already been given to you.

19. b2 says:

Joox, isn’t gone and it has nothing todo with RIIA or whatever. It had some server issues, thats all.

20. Anonymous says:

Joox is back just search for it. They had to change servers and have uploaded all content and links. They do not steal as Stage6 gives links freely to enbed in ur web page so anyone say they steal is a FOOL!!! Read posts above IDIOT”S!! Really do ur research u idiot, really!!!! Their happy to give it for free so dont speak for people who u have no relationship with, REALLY!!!

21. Angry says:

Is it down again?

22. Paul says:

Is Joox not working? I can’t get it to load 🙁 if not whats the next best thing were you can download for free?

23. jhon says:

yea man this site is down right now for some reason it wll be up soon like always

24. anton says:

God i hope it’s just a glich! Was visiting it every single day since discovering it, I have joost I can invite anybody whos intersted-but it’s a bit shit.Not impressed at all. BRING BACK JOOX!! pleeeaaseee…

25. jeffry says:

yea joox is the best but it has some flaws like i was getting ready to watch transformers..and when i was ready and everything..it was in Spanish!!!well newayz anton. i wanna send me an invite to joost, i wanna try it out =)

26. jonny says:

send me a joost invite:
    [email protected]

27. anton says:

jeffry, need yor e-mail. jonny’s invite is on its’ way. but as i said i was dissapointed with choice, not the quiality. What’s the difference if there’s nothing worth watching the quality doesen’t really matter. its a crap in glorious technicolour. That’s the rason y joox is sooo much better- you have quality shows to choose from.. anyway. ur e-mail needed..

28. bob says:

can someone invite me…
    [email protected]

29. Anonymous says:

From where I can get Joox .. I was addict of this…..

30. johny says:

can someone invite me cause voox is 2 good 2 b without…..

31. Ron says:

Is joox down or do u need something to access it?? I read something about an invite…could someone invite me if that’s whats needed?? thanks

32. Marco says:

Hi, can anyone invite me ….please???

[email protected]

33. anton says:

ok to calrify- you DO NOT need an invite to watch Joox(thebestmoviesitever),only a goodwill of its’ creator/s. However to watch Joost(goodideabutSHITcontent) you would need an invite, untill the beta realease will be available to everyone. I have Joost, but trust me it’s not that good, and anyways why would I want to invite all and sundry.. well may be sue if you she’s fit 😉

34. Anonymous says:

so does nyone know whats up with joox website i wont come up

35. Greig says:

Joox is down temporarily. It hasn’t been shut down – it is having some problems with servers. See the following conversations –

Stay tuned for more high-quality DIVX videos

36. sillenkiller says:

please invite me
    [email protected]

37. Anonymous says:

please invite me [email protected]

38. Anonymous says:

can anyone invite me [email protected]
    tnx!!!

39. anton says:

To ALL of you wanting an invite to joost. I said it before and will say it again – joost is crap. If you realy relay realy need to watch internet tv try http://www.tvunetworks.com. Much better..

7 days withiout Joox…I am starting to crumble..

40. Lucifer says:

please invite me [email protected]
    I’m going mad with out joox

41. Bruno says:

That site is dead. Another mutch better site like it is:

42. Joox.CO says:

We had to officially shut down the site due to repeated warnings about theft and copy-right violations. Truth to be told, the managers, myself included, don’t really give a crap about any copy-right violations, but after someone threatened to sue, I felt I didn’t have a choice.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you can visit stage6.com if the urge to stream high quality videos persists.

I’m thinking of starting a site myself, and the Anonymous post above has a point; stage6 do give out their links freely, and embedding isn’t actually against the law. So screw those people who are jealous of our success and worry about us violating their rights to the wallets of people like you.

Here’s to the memory of Joox. We had a good run.

For more info on my new site, call me at 713-666-2721

43. shorab says:

joox.net seems dead now… you can always try http://divxpawa.com/ ….

44. swayzey says:

I miss Joox =(

45. natascha says:

I miss Joox too 🙁

46. xnr says:

I miss Joox too 🙁

47. ArchangeL says:

any1 invite me to joost at [email protected]

48. del says:

Joox please let me know your new site, pleasee

49. Kenny says:

Does ne one know the new Joox site???

50. del says:

Is anybody there would like to share divx movies? Any downloadable divx site? Where is joox? come back!!!!!!

51. werweqw says:

i have joost invites write to mee and get…
    BUT remember somethin’ for somethin’

52. Anonymous says:

miss joox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. Anonymous says:

joox is down right now, they seem to go off line often… When their down i use http://www.redcurtainmovies.com to tide me over they have a bit different of a selection as well as most of the movies that are on joox.

— life free —

54. Anonymous says:

I stumbled across http://www.tinytelly.com which provides a similar service to joox.

55. Anonymous says:

Snape hungrily supped at Hermoine’s immature dugs like a depraved tick.

56. Anonymous says:

http://www.joox.net – Its up again guys.

57. Vidictive says:

There starting to get real nice, I been watching this site build for a while, notted the admin has opened beta on it… http://vidictive.com looks promising.

58. deano says:

any one no wot haz happened to jooxs haz there server gone down

59. Kate says:

Vidictive you are a very low and sad person indeed, you reported us to our hosts and then did a whois and posted my real name and address around the net. Why am I not suprised you know the location of Joox? Are you an MPAA mole or just seriously twisted and enjoy wrecking peoples lives and websites? Now your atalking me around the net posting comments and my address and ringing my phone.

You’ve now resorted to a dos attack on my site since I had to change location because you ratted us out and the IP’s that you spammed us with, its silly to use that to dos attack isn’t it? 64.195.94.115 and then we banned it and you used 208.53.157.25 & 207.226.174.210

Well I hope your proud, we’ve now restricted access to the site and no new registrations, who are you moving on to next? If I was Joox I would ban your twisted messed up person form here, you are very very sad, I never had ads or anything on my site and did it for the community, why the fuck did you just come out of the blue and attack me like that, to promote your crap shit new website or are you just fucked in the head?

Kate

60. Kate says:

Kate people are not having second thoughts about your non sense. Its nobodys fault but your own you big jealous shit disturber. I been following your guy’s battle and must say your WRONG!

61. jackblack says:

Hi,
    i prefer http://www.moviebar.org it has a lot better interface and movie collection.

62. jonathan says:

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE SITE! http://www.tvlinko.com

63. DivTube.Net says:

http://www.divtube.net rocks the best site EVER CHECK IT OUT GUYS BETTER THAN JOOX I SAY

64. Alfonso says:

JOOX has moved to: http://www.vuze.com – also, check out, http://www.kazoop.net – here you will find their rendition of the top 10 DivXLike sites! – I really like nabolister.com and powerflv.com – great stuff! pass it on

65. Anonymous says:

can someone help me out, my divx player keep saying it can’t play any movies cause something is up with my connection which is working correctly.how can i fix it?

66. Anonymous says:

WHY THE SITE THAT GOT DIVX MOVIES KEEP TELLING ME THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY PLAYER SO I MOST CHECK MY CONNECTION,AND IT’S WORKING GREAT

67. NotYou says:

The new Joox player is garbage don’t bother to install the app because it is still in less than beta at this point.
    Those of us that tested the current version have since uninstalled the app because it does not work.

Joox.net is dead, no new movies, the forum does not allow any new posts and the admins have abandoned the site.

68. David says:

I've started using a new 'super aggregator' of movies and TV shows that gives me a nice highlight of what to watch in several categories and it refreshes content hourly. when I watch it has a stumbleupon like bar so I can easily navigate back and forth. anyway, worth checking out @ http://www.ovpulse.com – they have some broken links but their are probably still in beta since otherwise haven't heard much about them?

69. Z says:

YOU IDIOT MORON… JOOX HOSTS NO CONTENT WHATSOEVER… IT JUST POSTS LINKS TO CONTENT, YOU ARE SUCH A DORK

70. Z says:

71. Z says:

72. Saylor Twift says:

I love reading this 10 years later. Joox was such a shit show. Quality so bad it made 700mb Xvid DVDrips seem good. But watching movies without downloading is always golden. Luckily we have Netflix now.