We’ve written about Ben
Heck Heckdorn before. The man enjoys taking gaming consoles, ripping them apart, and “repurposing” them as portable versions. His latest has turned an XBox 360 into a laptop. Here are some of the features:
1) 17″ wide (diagonal) 1280×720 progressive-scan LCD VGA monitor (for HD-level resolutions)
2) Water-cooled with custom-built radiator. Allows for a slimmer main body versus the mammoth heat sinks in a stock 360.
3) Built-in keyboard and Wi-Fi.
4) USB hub allows original number of 3 USB ports for user.
5) All-aluminum case, except for plastic keyboard / ring of light / screen control area.
6) Uses single customized “expanded” power supply brick for both screen and Xbox 360.
Sadly, the unit is not for sale, as it was a commissioned job. The man is open to being prodded into making another, though he warns of “sticker shock”.
P.S. I’m retarded.