The String Master Robotic Guitar Tuner

By David Ponce

Shortly after my birth, tiny, furry little critters crawled into my ears and pooped magical tonedeafness pebbles. They have stayed there ever since, and as an unfortunate consequence, I am completely (you guessed it) tonedeaf. I cannot hit any note, let alone tune a guitar. So that’s why the String Master gives me hope.

Tuning a guitar doesn’t get any simpler. Attach it to a peg and pluck the associated string. The String Master will actually turn it (the peg) for you until that string vibrates at the proper frequency.

So, the way I figure, I buy this $50 contraption, a guitar, some sheet music and I’m all set. I’ll be able to play some Led Zep riffs, even if to my ears it sounds like some hysterical Celine Dion wails.

Get it at Hotguitarist. Story VIA New Launches.

****

image.jpg
Use your guitar tuner on a top of the line Electric Guitar. Getting  brand new Music Equipment  is less expensive and faster than you may think.

17 responses to “The String Master Robotic Guitar Tuner”

1. Tekjock says:

I almost got one of these 5 years ago. A friend of mine got one a few years back it works very well.

2. […] Now, I’m in no way a musician, but this is a robot of sorts, and is fairly cool, so it blips on my radar. You attach it to a peg, pluck the attached string, and it’ll turn the peg to tune the chord. Great for tone-deaf musicians, who must have other thins to worry about. […]

3. Louis Coolmoe harman says:

omg i soooo love the guitar tuner it rox !! \m/

4. Charlotte bradfield says:

dude dude dude omg dude …..DUDE it soooo totaly awsome man …..DUDE !

5. Laura hart says:

whooo hoo i’ve been lookin 4 ages 4 one of these..and now i’ve found it….hopefuly it wil optimise my tuning speed for my ibanez rgg 075……so yea i Louis + matt + Chaz + me = m8’s 4 eva !

6. Matthew askem says:

i love charlotte as much as this tuner …its sooooo radical !

7. Louis cornall says:

yea i agree u shud get 2gtha i wana marry this tuner….and u no hu ! :p:p:p

8. […] Machine to tune your stringed instrument for you, pretty cool. […]

9. […] One thing I never got down when I use to play guitar was tuning. I could never do it by ear. I had a pretty sweet digital tuner that helped me along, but every once in awhile a good guitar player would pick up my Taylor 315 and re-tune it to ear. Maybe what I needed was the String Master. Pop it onto the guitars tune peg pull the associated string and off it turns the peg until that string is properly tuned. Ya, nice…and lazy. Look, I wasn’t claiming to take on the greats with my playing, but any little help I could get would be a great leap in making me sound descent if anything. […]

10. […] Jumping Jehosaphat on a hot tin roof, this is awesome! The Performer tuning system, from company Transperformance is likely to take your guitar playing to whole new levels, and it pisses the living snot out of me that I never took it up. Never mind robotic tuners, this device rocks on a whole different level. […]

11. Cranky says:

If you are tonedeaf, why do you want to play music in the first place?

12. Jeff says:

Seems useless, lazy and ockward but then again some people are ignorant and will buy it.

13. John Booth says:

I will be more impressed when they have a chromatic version – there are more than just EADGBE guitars in the world such as Pedal Steels, banjos, Dobros, Mandos, not to mention those weird japaneese three-string goobers and ancient Roman lutes – but seriously, if you’re a guitar tech that has to string a dozen guitars a day I suppose this would be quite the gadget. Just my 3 cents worth. Keep pickin

14. Jimmy Davis says:

yeah chromatic or possibly diff tungings etc wider selection and ability ot create ya own settgins like fx boxes… great idea thought, I sure gibson have a les paul that has similar built into the bridge….all cool though !

15. Clueless says:

Wonder if that would be of any use?
    Want to tune your guitar from your mobile phone?
    I am part of a team that did a university project in early 2007 on this subject.
    We actually created the first platform independent (java2ME) mobile phone tuner for all java enabled
    mobile phones that actually tunes your guitar by using the microphone to record your tones.
    A trial version is available as a free download at http://www.yourinfocentral.com/mobileguitartuner